The CPO is also responsible for the general management and control of personnel and resources used to provide quality police services to the ACT community. The CPO is supported by three functional streams: Crime, Response and Corporate Services.
More than 800 staff in ACT Policing are committed to the delivery of policing services to the ACT, each one committed to ensuring the safety of our community.
The Crime Portfolio is managed by the Deputy Chief Police Officer Crime and comprises of the following areas:
- Community Safety and Family Violence
- Criminal Investigations
- Judicial Operations
The Response Portfolio is managed by the Deputy Chief Police Officer Response, the portfolio has the following areas:
- ACT Policing Operations
- Traffic Operations and Planning
- North District (Gungahlin, Belconnen and City Police Stations)
- South District (Woden and Tuggeranong Police Stations)
Corporate Services is managed by the Director of Corporate Services and provides support functions to ACT Policing operational teams. Areas include:
- Ministerial Policy and Performance
- Human Resources
- Finance and Logistics
- Media and Public Engagement
For more information about ACT Policing view the 2014-15 Annual Report.