Australia's capital city, Canberra, has all the urban services, lifestyle amenities and events you would expect in a world-class capital. Often dubbed the 'bush capital', Canberra has vast green space with the NSW snowfields, south coast beaches and the hustle and bustle of Sydney within easy reach.
AFP officers come to community policing in Canberra from all parts of Australia and find that it offers:
- a safe, family-friendly city in a clean urban environment
- hundred of kilometres of bike and walking paths
- excellent health facilities
- extensive child and family services
- low crime rates
- minimal traffic disruption.
For further information about living in Canberra please visit the ACT Government’s Live in Canberra website.