Applications for our next recruitment intake are now open. Register your details with us now to receive reminders about the key dates.
AFP Recruitment will be holding information sessions, to provide you with the opportunity to hear from, and talk to, current AFP officers and federal agents and to provide you with information on what to expect from the recruitment process. Sessions will be held in Canberra, Sydney and Melbourne. To register your interest in attending one of these sessions, please follow the instructions at: afpcareers.nga.net.au.
The current application period will close on 18 February 2013.
Our recruitment process is designed to ensure you meet our suitability requirements and have the skills, attributes and values to meet the challenges and demands of a career in policing.
The application process involves:
- submitting an online application and supporting documentation including a copy of your recent traffic history and a current CV
- completing an employment suitability questionnaire
- meeting the minimum requirements to proceed through the recruitment gateways.
The selection process involves:
- completing the online application
- meeting the required standards at the employment suitability questionnaire
- successfully completing the pre-entry physical competency assessment (PCA)
- attending an assessment centre
- providing your fingerprints for a number of operational and security reasons
- having a medical examination and psychological assessment
- undergoing a urinalysis for illicit drug use
- submitting required certificates (current certified copies of a Senior First Aid Certificate and the ability to swim 100m unaided)
- completing the Federal Police Development Program — 25 week live-in program at the AFP College.
Browse the Anything but Everyday site to find out more, and if you think you have what it takes, apply now.
Read more information about careers with the AFP.