The Chequered Ribbon Association (CRA) has been set up to perpetuate the memory of AFP officers killed in the line of duty, and to raise funds for worthwhile charitable purposes. Membership is open to the public and members of the AFP.
The association is governed by a constitution which outlines where funds will be used. The main objectives of the CRA are to:
- Financially assist families of AFP officers killed in the line of duty.
- Perpetuate the memory of AFP officers killed in the line of duty through carrying out worthwhile charitable and welfare purposes.
- Establish a marketable image for the CRA based on the production and promotion of Constable Kenny Koala and associated products.
- Raise funds for worthwhile charitable causes.
- Establish programs and activities that contribute to a positive and friendly interaction between the community and the Australian Federal Police.