ACT Criminal Investigations is the primary portfolio responsible for the investigation of serious and major crime in the ACT.
Members of ACT Criminal Investigations are involved in the investigation of:
- aggravated robbery, serious assaults, arson, suicides and all homicides
- all coronial matters referred by the ACT Coroner and the coordination of Coroner’s Office responsibilities
- sexual assault and child abuse matters
- missing persons
- internet based crime including fraud and on-line sexual grooming related matters
- monitoring and compliance checks of registered child sex offenders on the Australian National Child Sex Offender Register
- organised crime and drug related matters
- both ACT and Commonwealth fraud
- corruption by public officials
- proceeds of crime to trace, restrain and confiscate funds acquired as a result of criminal activity
- serial burglary and motor vehicle theft and organised re-birthing of stolen motor vehicles.
The ACT Criminal Investigations also contribute to the management of content on the Crime Stoppers website.